- 2 cups Freshly Prepared Sushi Rice
- Nori Seaweed, roasted sheets
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Seeds
- 1/2 pound Fresh Raw Tuna
- 1 tablespoon Mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon Togarashi (Japanese Hot Pepper)
- Chop tuna and mix with mayonnaise and togarashi.
- Cut nori sheet in half and place it on bamboo mat, shiny side down. Dampen your fingers in water.
- Spread a thin layer of sushi rice over the seaweed, do not cover completely. Leave a 1-inch margin at the ends uncovered to seal the roll. Spread tuna mixture lengthwise. Position them about 1 inch away from the bottom edge of the seaweed. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- To roll; slowly fold the end of the mat closest to you over the filling and tuck it in.
- Use medium pressure to create compact tube. Remove the mat from around the roll, press in the loose ends and place it on a cutting board, seam side down.
- Using a wet, sharp knife, slice the roll in half then in 6 equal pieces.
- Serve with wasabi, soy sauce and pickled ginger.